LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NextGen Crowdfunding®, the leading company that helps people explore new types of crowdfunding, announces the season one premiere of the Crowdfunding Video Awards (CVAs). This new, six-part series of online awards shows will showcase videos from both rewards-based crowdfunding campaigns featured on Indiegogo, Kickstarter and other platforms, as well as equity crowdfunding campaigns.
“The campaign videos we’ll be showing viewers over the course of this season showcase creativity, passion and the entrepreneurial spirit.”
Season one kicks off on Wednesday, January 25 with a live-online show at 3:00pm PT/ 6:00pm ET. Viewers will log on to NextGenCrowdfunding.com to watch and vote on their favorite crowdfunding campaign videos. The first season of the CVAs will include five preliminary awards shows, and will culminate in a final seasonal awards show highlighting the best videos of the season as voted on by the public.
“We received a wide variety of submissions from crowdfunding campaigns — spanning industries from technology to pets to wellness — to participate in the first season of the Crowdfunding Video Awards,” said NextGen founder Aubrey Chernick. “The campaign videos we’ll be showing viewers over the course of this season showcase creativity, passion and the entrepreneurial spirit.”
The contestants that will be showcased during the first round of the Crowdfunding Video Awards include:
- Codeybot by Makeblock: Makeblock is an open-source Arduino robot building platform to turn ideas into success.
- Cowin Ark by Cowin Music: Innovative audio company pioneering revolutionary Bluetooth speaker design.
- Flash Porter by DFiGear: Flash Porter lets you quickly and easily backup your precious digital photos and videos from any device – smartphones and digital cameras.
- FlowMotion by FlowMotion: FlowMotion ONE – Capture smooth cinematic videos with your smartphone. Auto-follow tracking, motion time-lapse, and so much more.
- High-End Theater by XGIMI H1: High-end Theater with 5 minute setup | 1080p LED Projects Up To 300″, Transform 2D Film Into 3D, Android OS.
- Limitless Phone Case by Mous: Whether you drop your iPhone from your pocket or from 45ft, Limitless cases will protect your phone from breaking.
- Modobag by Modobag: Modobag is the World’s First Motorized, Rideable Luggage and is changing the way people travel.
- Piqapoo by Piqapoo: A team of dog lovers that love their dogs but not picking up after them.
- PowerFilm: The revolutionary solar panel with an integrated battery to charge your devices anywhere, anytime.
- ZEEQ Smart Pillow by REM-Fit: REM-Fit is a team of dedicated individuals who believe in a restful night’s sleep. We all know that sleep is often put to the wayside in our busy lives.
Supporters of NextGen’s CVAs include the Crowdfunding Professional Association (CFPA), an organization supporting the growth of the crowdfunding industry, as well as the crowdfunding portals OurCrowd, SeedInvest, StartEngine, Republic and WeFunder and media companies Crowdfund Beat and Crowdfund Insider.
To learn more about the contestants participating in the first CVAs show, please click here.
About NextGen Crowdfunding
NextGen Crowdfunding helps people explore the new era of equity crowdfunding. With unique in-person events and live streaming video content, NextGen enables individuals to discover, research and support specific companies launching crowdfunding campaigns. NextGen’s unique Ignition Events showcase the companies and emerging businesses presenting equity crowdfunding campaigns. NextGen also provides educational content, including online webinars, boot camps and videos, to inform the public about equity crowdfunding. NextGen also provides education to, and visibility for, companies with crowdfunding campaigns. As a purpose-driven company, NextGen aims to encourage entrepreneurship and help spark a new economy. Visit http://www.nextgencrowdfunding.com.
For NextGen Crowdfunding
Jason Feldman, 212-319-3451, ext. 644