April 15, 2014, Toronto, ON – The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance of Canada (ECFA Canada), created to raise awareness of equity crowdfunding, is hosting the 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour. Events will take place in Toronto (April 24), Calgary (May 27), Vancouver (May 29), and Montreal (June 4).
“Recently proposed Canadian legislation, which would include four new equity crowdfunding exemptions, is enabling this type of funding to emerge as a true democratizer of investment in Canada and a driver of innovation,” said Oscar A. Jofre, co-chair of ECFA Canada. “There will be a real jump in equity crowdfunding activity toward the end of 2014. Now is the time to learn and prepare, and that’s why ECFA Canada decided to launch its first major initiative, the 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour.”
What is equity crowdfunding? It occurs when businesses raise investment capital online and give investors an equity stake in their companies. It is now well-established in countries around the world, and hundreds of millions of dollars are being raised globally.
Who should attend the events and how will they benefit?
· Issuers, including companies, startups, entrepreneurs and innovators, that are examining fundraising options in Canada.
· Private investors, such as VCs and angels, who want to learn about opportunities for equity crowdfunding investments in potential high-growth enterprises.
· Equity crowdfunding platforms and portals that want to promote themselves in the country’s innovation and private-investment centres.
· Brokers and dealers who are interested in examining new investment options for their clients.
· Marketing specialists, legal advisers and accountants looking to better understand various fundraising options.
· Students interested in private investment or business marketing, or who are looking to finance new ventures.
· Journalists and business enthusiasts who want to better understand the equity crowdfunding landscape in Canada.
· Job seekers who consider equity crowdfunding a career opportunity.
“The events will feature thought leaders in this rapidly developing field,” said Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, co-chair of ECFA Canada’s events committee. “These are must-attend events; opportunities to gain an in-depth understanding of the potential of equity crowdfunding in Canada and beyond.”
Join us for the equity crowdfunding events of the year. Click here to register for The Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour. Space is limited!
About ECFA Canada
The Equity Crowdfunding Alliance is represented by companies and individuals with an interest in equity crowdfunding in Canada. ECFA Canada’s mandate includes supporting, educating and developing the equity crowdfunding industry in Canada.
ECFA Canada’s mandates include:
1. Educating the public, media and Canadian securities regulators about equity crowdfunding;
2. Guiding issuers and investors into equity crowdfunding and on to success; and
3. Working with funding portals, angel investors, venture capital firms, registered dealers and other capital markets participants in developing the equity crowdfunding ecosystem.
If you want to get involved in equity crowdfunding in Canada or find out more about The 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference tour, join ECFA Canada today at www.ECFAcanada.ca. ECFA Canada is transforming equity investing in Canada.
For more information contact:
Oscar A. Jofre, Co-Chair, ECFA Canada, 647-965-8268, Oscar@ECFACanada.ca, @ECFACanada on Twitter
Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, Co-Chair Events Committee, ECFA Canada, @ECFACanada on Twitter