By CrowdFundbeat Data 2013 all right reserved
Niche Real Estate Crowdfunding platforms have really started taking off in the last few months. With last year’s US commercial real estate transaction volume of $290 billion in 2012, it’s easy to see why there are so many platforms coming up. There is plenty of space in this niche market for many platforms to get involved. Let me know if there are any others out there.
Here are a list of US real estate crowdfunding platforms: (Ones that have * mean the platforms are currently open for business)
- Crowd Mason – Currently in beta and based out of NY, this platform does what a crowdfunding site does best and brings developers/sponsors and investors together.
- Realty Mogul* – Came out of Microsoft Accelerator and one of the first RE crowdfunding platforms to go live. 18 properties currently funded for over $3 million in total.
- Primarq* – Has a unique platform in which investors help people buy homes and home owners can leverage the equity in their homes.
- Collaperty – According to their site, the first re platform. They started earlier this year with a more social angle to real estate investing. Currently revamping their platform.
- Crowd Street – According to their site, they are the Angelist for RE investors
- Prodigy Network* – Already raised over $170 million for a new skyscraper in South America, this platform is intended for international investors and serves the US and Latin America so far.
- Fundrise* – The first RE platform to offer investment opportunities to non accredited investors. Over $3 million in total with investments as little as $100.
- Patch Of Land – Not enough information on them yet other than the typical RE platform strategy.
- iFunding* – Started by founders with experiences at hedge funds and brokerages. Claims $8 million pledged by investors in their first projects.
- Real Crowd – YC backed and concentrating on large commercial investments with investors investing as little as $5,000.
- Realty Shares* – One of the first re crowdfunding platforms and started by real estate attorney and equities professional, the site claims 800+ investors have pledged about $5 million to invest on this platform.
- Small Street USA – Site seems to lean on the social aspect of investing. Claims to be for the main street average american re crowdfunding platform.
- Globerex – More like Etrade than any other platform, this platform claims to be the real estate equity exchange and deal management platform for commercial real estate.
- Nex Regen* – Platform allows investors to invest as little as $5K in their REIT type investments.
- Groundbreaker – Claims to be focusing on incubating unique and innovative real estate investments.
- Equidy – Not too much information on this platform.
- Property Peers – Not too much information on this platform.